1) Who is responsible for your information?
HitechPeople Inc is responsible for your information which will be depending on your location.
2) Information collected and retained by HitechPeople
We collect information when you choose to give us. We also collect the jobs related information from various online sources such as subscription based services job portals, publicly available jobs openings information available online for general public use. We do not modify or create such information but use only for the purpose of display of such information “as is where is basis” for the users for their jobs related requirements. It is the responsibility of the users to use and rely on the said information at their sole discretion.
Referrals: We may collect personal information about others from you for instance, if you choose to use our service to share with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our web site or share details over email or any other media if he or she is interested, We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
We do not collect sensitive personal data like; financial information such as Bank Account details, Credit Card or Debit Card details or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature. We do not store information of users like password of your email accounts.
Personal Information: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person including common identifiers such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and any other information that is so categorized by applicable laws. We collect information about you and/or your usage to provide better services and offerings. The Personal Information that we collect, and how we collect, depends upon how you interact with us. We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Name, Email address, Country, City, Contact Number and Company/Organization that you are associated with, information that one would usually include in a resume, including name, contact details including e-mail address and mobile number, work experience, educational qualifications, data relating to your current and past remuneration or salary, a copy of your resume etc. when you decide to share this information with us or from the Job portal you are already registered or from publicly available job Portals.
- We may collect your Personal Information such as name, age, contact details, and preferences through Call, Email, surveys and forms, when you choose to participate in these.
- We may also collect information relating to your caste and religion and information about whether you are eligible for any affirmative action programmes or policies, if you opt to provide such information.
- When you communicate with HitechPeople through our website or any other media to communicate with our recruiters or partners, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- To the extent permitted by law, HitechPeople may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and HitechPeople internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
3) Why do we collect or may use your Personal Information
We will only use your personal data in a fair and reasonable manner to help job seekers to find job and to help employers to find candidates; and where we have a lawful reason to do so.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing our recruitment services to you including to send you job alerts, calendar alerts, relevant search results, recommended jobs and/or candidates (as the case maybe), and other social media communication facilities.
- Protecting our users and providing you with customer support.
- Facilitate communication as part of job search and interview process.
- Make your information available to employers or third party against a matching job after your consent from any available communication media.
- Improving the platform and its content to provide better features and services.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
4) The Legal Basis on which HitechPeople collects your personal data
HitechPeople collects and processes your Personal Data on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the Personal Data being provided and the type of processing involved.
Consent: In certain limited situations, HitechPeople relies on your consent to process your Personal Data. Where HitechPeople requires your consent, we seek it at the time of provision, and the processing is only be performed where consent is secured. For example, your consent will be sought in certain instances where you initiate a marketing message such as a job alert with HitechPeople. You can withdraw your consent, or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Legitimate Interest: A second ground relied upon by HitechPeople for other types of processing for your Personal Data is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by HitechPeople or an Employer. Examples of such legitimate interests will include where HitechPeople sends you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf, where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention, or where we share your personal data with HitechPeople affiliates. HitechPeople will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
Performance of a Contract: Some of the personal data processed by HitechPeople is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement. An example of this would be where HitechPeople sends a Job Seeker’s application to an Employer.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation: Upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow HitechPeople to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where HitechPeople is required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements. Personal Information is collected and processed by HitechPeople based on the following legal grounds depending upon the nature of Personal Information and the purposes for which it is processed.
Information Sharing and Disclosure: we restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our services.
HitechPeople does not disclose, transfer or share your Personal Information with others except with:
- Our associates and group companies to the extent required for our internal business and/or administrative purposes and/or general corporate operations and for the provision of services.
- Potential Employer or recruiters if we determine that your resume matches a particular job description/ vacancy available with such recruiters. By sharing this information, you agree that HitechPeople may contact you or forward your resume to potential recruiters.
- Third parties including enforcement, regulatory and judicial authorities, if we determine that disclosure of your Personal Information is required to:
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our Legal rights or defend against legal claims; or.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of HitechPeople business assets we may disclose Personal Information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
- Third-party service providers and marketing partners that HitechPeople engages to:
- Provide services over their platform on HitechPeople behalf.
- Maintain the platform and mailing lists; or
- Communicate with you on HitechPeople behalf about our recruitment services. HitechPeople will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect your Personal Information and are also subject to appropriate confidentiality/non-disclosure obligations.
HitechPeople does not intend to transfer personal information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on HitechPeople behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
If your personal information is transferred outside India, we take the necessary steps to protect your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
5) Retention of Personal Information
Your personal Information is stored with HitechPeople until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until you ask us to delete your personal data. We may also require to retain certain information in order to comply with certain local laws. At the expiry of such periods, your personal information will be deleted or archived in compliance with applicable laws. If you wish to delete your personal data retained with us you can write to us on email id firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Controlling your personal information
You have the right to invoke your rights which are available to data principals or data subjects (as per applicable laws and regulations) in relation to your personal information which is being processed by HitechPeople.
For the exercise of certain rights, you may be required to approach the relevant authority/designated officer as per the provisions of the applicable data protection laws/ HitechPeople may in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection laws, charge a fee for fulfilling your request, in particular in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request. Further you acknowledge that the above mentioned rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations as per the applicable data protection laws.
7) Confidentiality and Security
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us and HitechPeople have invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as HitechPeople does. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
8) Social media
HitechPeople operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. HitechPeople monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about itself in order to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate the following information to HitechPeople through such social media sites; sensitive personal data including:
Special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and
Other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number; Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content. HitechPeople is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. HitechPeople is only responsible for its own use of the personal information received through such sites.
HitechPeople does not store any account-related information or any credit/debit card details. HitechPeople shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by Users as a result of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the User's account, credit cards, or debit cards in the course of any online transactions or payments made for any products and/or services offered through the platform.
In case any personal information is shared by you with HitechPeople, which is not requested by HitechPeople during registration, (whether mandatorily or optionally), HitechPeople will not be liable for any information security breach or disclosure in relation to such information.
Data Protection Officer
In case you have any complaints and/or grievances in relation to the processing of your personal information you can send your complaints via e-mail to our grievance officer on email@example.com.